How to Run New-MailboxRepairRequest in Exchange 2016, 2019?
New-MailboxRepairRequest is just a successor to the Exchange Isinteg utility. In addition, Exchange administrators can encounter many problems, whether it is an incorrect display of the number of public folders in a mailbox, problems searching for items, or problems accessing public folders.
By using New-MailboxRepairRequest, the functions, and responsibilities of the Exchange administrator while repairing Exchange 2019, 2016 database issues are made easier.
To detect and resolve Exchange mailbox corruption by executing New-MailboxRepairRequest in Exchange 2016, 2019. This cmdlet may function against a specific mailbox or an entire database. It was interrupted during the execution of the order while accessing the mailbox of the desired mailbox.
Also, if the command is run against the database to solve existing problems, only the connection to the mailbox is repaired during the execution of the command. All other user mailboxes are accessible in a separate database.
Also Read: Exchange Server Disaster Recovery Plan
Points to Remember Before Running Process
Note important points before running New-MailboxRepairRequest:
- Once the process has started by executing the New-MailboxRepairRequest cmdlet, it cannot be stopped unless the database is uninstalled.
- Perform a limited number of repair requests against the server to keep performance issues alive. For the database repair level, one application remains active, and for the mailbox level, more than 100 applications can remain active at the same time.
- It can be used with an online database, so no need to uninstall the database to handle the necessary settings and bug fixes.
New-MailboxRepairRequest Fixes Various Types of Mailbox Corruption
The Exchange 2016, 2019 New-MailboxRepairRequest can be used in the following cases:
- ProvideedFolder: In the Provided folder, an error occurred in the folder structure of the mailbox.
- SearchFolder: Search folder issues may be detected and corrupted files may be repaired. However, an error occurs in the search folder.
- FolderView: In the folder view, the error is related to what is displayed in the desired folder. Failed to see folder because it returns the correct contents.
- AggregateCount: An aggregate count of the specified folder that did not return the correct value. Error with the number of items inside the folder when displaying their size.
Solution to Fix Exchange Server is Not Receiving External Email
What Permission Required Before Execution?
Prior to the execution of New-MailboxRepairRequest many permissions were required to fix Exchange 2016, 2019 databases issues. There may be some parameters like StoreMailbox, Corruption Type, Database, etc. If they are not included in the permissions, access is not allowed.
In addition, the new online commands work with the Exchange database and there is no need to even uninstall the database while making a repair error.
Know the Various Functionalities to Run New-MailboxRepairRequest
We will discuss the following functionalities to run New-MailboxRepairRequest using the following example:
- View all folders that need to detect and repair mailboxes.
- It detects SearchFolder and ProvideedFolder corruption issues and reports them to mailboxes. The following New-MailboxRepairRequest command will not repair damaged mailboxes.
- Detect and fix Aggregates for all user mailboxes on the database. For Example-DB01.
- Detect and recover various types of mailbox corruption and archive redundant data items.
- Create a variable to identify the mailbox. Later, this variable is used to specify the StoreMailbox and Database parameter values to create the request. It will also detect and correct various contamination issues.
Alternate Solution to New-MailboxRepairRequest
Additionally, users can choose another method and alternative of New-MailboxRepairRequest, RecoveryTools for Exchange Server Data Recovery. It is a best solution that is able to easily repair all kinds of corruption issues faced by Exchange Server 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 users. It supports previewing .edb emails and attachments. There is no limit to the Exchange database file size.
Know How to Recover Deleted Emails from Exchange Server?
Exchange 2016, 2019 New-MailboxRepairRequest cmdlet plays an important role in detecting and repairing Exchange mailbox corruption. Sometimes user data is corrupted, making it necessary to run PowerShell commands. Most users face this corruption issue.
So, in this post, we will discuss two ways to fix common errors with Exchange mailboxes or entire databases. The first method is a manual solution that can be done using the PowerShell command (New-MailboxRepairRequest in Exchange 2016, 2019), and another method is recommended, the software solution by RecoveryTools.