How to Run New-MailboxRepairRequest in Exchange 2016
New-MailboxRepairRequest is just a successor of the Exchange Isinteg utility. Moreover, there are numerous of issues may experienced by Exchange Administrators whether wrongly displayed number of public folders in mailbox, problem with search items or with access to public folders. By using New-MailboxRepairRequest, the functions and responsibilities of Exchange Admins become easier when it comes to fix Exchange 2016/2013/2010 database issues.
Suggestion: It is mandatory to introduce that is only available in on-premises Exchange Server 2016.
In order to detect and resolve the Exchange mailbox corruption by executing the New-MailboxRepairRequest Exchange 2016. This cmdlet might be executed against a particular mailbox or a complete database. While accessing the Mailbox for a desired mailbox has interrupted when the command is in process.
Moreover, if the command is running against the database to restore and fix the existing issues, only the connection to mailbox has been repaired during the execution of the command. All other users mailbox get prevail in the specific database remain accessible.
Points to Remember
- Once the process begins by executing the New-MailboxRepairRequest cmdlet after that, it cannot be stopped unless the database becomes dismounted.
- Performing the limited number of repair requests as per Server in order to keep the performance issues. For database repair level, a single request remains active and for mailbox level, more than 100 requests could remain active simultaneously.
- It can work with online databases, so there is no requirement for dismounting the databases to handle necessary repairs and error fixes.
New-MailboxRepairRequest Fixes Various Types of Mailbox Corruption
New-MailboxRepairRequest Exchange 2016 can be used to in the following cases those are discussed below:
In Provisioned folder, errors occur in the folder structure within a mailbox.
Search folder issue may be detected and fixed the corrupted files. However, errors take place in the search folders.
In folder view, errors are connected with the displayed content in desired folders. View on folders become fail for returning the correct contents.
Aggregate counts on the specified folder that are unable to return the correct values. Errors that displayed number of items and their size inside the folders.
Before executing New-MailboxRepairRequest Exchange 2016, there are numerous permissions that required to repair the Exchange 2016 database. There may be several parameters like StoreMailbox, Corruption Type, Database and etc., that are not allowed to access if they are not included in the permissions. Moreover, the new command works online with Exchange database, even it does not demand to dismount the database while executing the fixing error.
Functionalities of NewMailboxRepairRequest Exchange 2016
Let us discuss the following functionalities of the New-MailboxRepairRequest by using the below examples:
- Need to detect and repair all the Folder Views for Eli’s Mailbox
- Detect and report SearchFolder as well as ProvisionedFolder corruption issue to Joseph Mailbox. The below new-mailboxrepairrequest Exchange 2016 command does not restore the corrupt mailbox.
- Detect and repair AggregateCounts for all users mailbox on database. For Example-DB01.
Detect and Restore various corruption types for Jennie Mailbox and archive redundant data items.
- Creates variable to identify Jennie’s mailbox. Later on, this variable is utilized to specify the values for StoreMailbox and Database parameters to create a request. It will also detect and correct all sorts of existing corruption issues.
Alternate Solution To New-MailboxRepairRequest Exchange 2016
Moreover, the user can go for an alternate approach i.e., RecoveryTools for Exchange Server. It is a third party utility that can easily fix all type of corruption issues encountered by the Exchange users of Exchange 2016/2013/2010/2007. It supports to preview .edb emails along with attachments. There is no Exchange database file size limitation.
New-MailboxRepairRequest Exchange 2016 cmdlet plays an important role that can be executed for detecting and fixing Exchange mailbox corruption. Sometimes, users data become corrupted or damaged so it’s necessary to run PowerShell commands. Most of the users are faced this corrution issue. So, in this post, we have discussed two approaches to fix common errors of Exchange mailboxes or entire database. The first method is a manual solution that can be performed with PowerShell commands (New-MailboxRepairRequest in Exchange 2016) and recommend another approach i.e., Recovery Tools for Exchange Server.