How to Fix Unable to Open Encrypted Outlook Email Error?
Microsoft Outlook is a popular email program used to send and receive email messages. Senders can “encrypt” email messages to make them more secure. However, there seems to be a common problem with recipients being unable to open encrypted Outlook emails.
This article describes the manual steps for opening encrypted Outlook email. Learn how to open encrypted Outlook emails with antivirus protection disabled. The truth is that sending and receiving encrypted email is an incredibly difficult process. As a result, few organizations routinely encrypt emails.
What is an Encrypted Outlook Email?
Let’s start with the basics. Most people don’t understand what encrypted email is in the first place. Therefore, they assume that security services are not suitable for them. Email encryption in Outlook is the process of scraping the contents of an email message.
The recipient needs a key to create a new message. Think of encryption as a key and a key to accessing information. The contents of the encrypted message can be accessed by anyone without a key. Once you have the key You will be able to access messages easily.
Solve Unable to Open Encrypted Outlook Email
There are many problems with Outlook with virus scanner integration enabled. Therefore it is recommended to disable it. Most of the common problems that arise are related to the process of sending and receiving emails, timeout issues, etc.
You can disable virus scanner integration with your Outlook email program using the following methods:
1. Uninstalling and Reinstalling Antivirus Applications: You must uninstall completely and then reinstall your antivirus software. Clear additional information, However, you must be careful not to install the mail scanner when reinstalling.
2. Use Microsoft Security Essentials: If you have a virus scanner that is not compatible with Outlook, or if you see alerts such as: Microsoft Security Essentials can be a viable alternative for free.
3. Disable Outlook Add-ons / Plugins: Virus scanners may appear as plug-ins in Outlook in such cases. You can remove them by disabling certain plug-ins. However, antivirus and Windows programs can create a security alert if some scanners tell Windows to do the same.
Disable Add-ins / Plugins in Microsoft Outlook
How to disable the plugin depends on the version of Outlook you are using. The following steps are performed in the Outlook 2013 version:
- First, Go to File Option from Menu Bar
- Next, Click on Options Tab
- Next, In Options, Click on Add-Ins Option
- Next, Disable Unwanted Add-ins or Antivirus.
Open Protected & Corrupted Outlook Data File
Outlook PST File Recovery Software is the best solution to open Outlook emails from PST files, even if they are corrupted, damaged or encrypted. Recover Deleted Emails from Outlook PST File without having to install Outlook on your Windows operating system.
If the Outlook data file is encrypted with SMIME or OpenPGP encryption, the software can easily decrypt the file. This tool supported PST file from Microsoft Outlook 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, and 2019 (32 & 64-bit) version. Now easily Repair PST File without Scanpst.exe in Outlook
Also, this tool has multiple additional features one of them is to Retrieve Emails from Outlook Archive. This program is supported by Windows OS 11 (64-bit), 10, 8.1, 8, & 7 (32 & 64 bit), Windows Server 2008, 2012 R2, 2016.
Now you can easily disable Microsoft Outlook add-ons and antivirus to open encrypted emails. The best solution described to solve unable to open encrypted Outlook email is also mentioned. Best solution for opening protected and damaged Outlook emails is also mentioned.