Office 365 eDiscovery Export Tool Not Working – Best Alternative
If you are using Office 365 eDiscovery Export Tool for backing up your mailbox data and suddenly it crashes, What to do now?
Office 365 users may encounter a bug when using the eDiscovery Export Tool that prevents users from launching the Tool from the Exchange admin center in Exchange Online.
What reasons are behind it and the best alternative of Office 365 eDiscovery export tool? Let’s find out…
Office 365 eDiscovery Export Tool Not Working – Reasons
After downloading and installing the eDiscovery Export Tool, you still can’t use it because you’re using Internet Explorer 9.0 or later and the app tried to connect to them but failed, or you’re using a third-party browser or unsecured extension. Some other conditions that cause this error are given below:
- The local Internet zone setting is not configured correctly in Internet Explorer.
- You are using a third-party browser and the Click-One browser extension is not installed.
- You are using a proxy server.
You’re using the Office 365 eDiscovery Export Tool to save your search results in PST file format, but for the reason listed, you’re still getting the error message. We will now provide a solution for this error.
Microsoft eDiscovery Export Tool Not Working – Solution
In the previous section, we discussed all the possible reasons why the Microsoft eDiscovery export tool does not start, now we will explain the solutions to fix this error.
- If you are using Internet Explorer 9.0 and do not have the .NET Framework 4.5 installed: To resolve this issue, you must have the .NET Framework 4.5 installed.
- If the local Internet zone setting is not configured correctly in Internet Explorer, correct it.
- If you are using a third-party browser and you do not have the Click-One browser extension installed, to resolve this issue, you need to install the Click-One extension.
It’s a good idea to export mailbox data from Office 365 account using eDiscovery export tool. But it has many limitations and bugs. The eDiscovery export tool often crashes when exporting large mailbox data.
Alternative of Microsoft eDiscovery Export Tool
RecoveryTools introduces Office 365 Backup Tool to export your Microsoft 365 account mailbox files without losing any data. It is an all-in-one utility that allows you to export data from Office 365 mailboxes of any size without using Microsoft eDiscovery Export Tool.
All Microsoft Office 365 mailboxes data can be saved to local storage. An Office 365 mailbox contains data items such as email, contacts, calendar, and documents, one or more of which can be selected for export. The tool will fetch data from the selected item and save only that data.
Best Software Features
Know the best top features of this eDiscovery export tool alternative application:
- Transfer multiple MS Office 365 mailboxes to Outlook data files
- Save Office 365 emails to hard drive with contacts, calendars, and documents
- Transfer Office 365 shared mailbox data to local storage
- Date filter to selectively transfer files from selected duration
- Simultaneous migration feature speeds up process with bulk transfers
- Select items to export via category filters for specific files
- Rerun full exports or retry failed items as needed
- Compatible with Windows 10 (64-bit) and Windows Server 2012
We hope this article was helpful for solving your issue related to Office 365 export tool. Please note that the Office 365 data search tool may take some time, stopped working, or crashes during the process. So, the Microsoft eDiscovery export tool is not the best option for searching and transferring data.
Sometimes it happens that users want to transfer Office 365 mailboxes data. When using eDiscovery, an error occurs and the eDiscovery Export Tool was unable to retrieve the search settings. There are various reasons for this issue, and users can search for solutions based on the reasons. Therefore, there are also alternatives to this problem. Users can use the RecoveryTools suggested program.