Fix Data Error Cyclic Redundancy Check by Veritas Backup Exec
Data Error Cyclic Redundancy Check is the most common error that occurs when restoring data from backups created with Veritas Backup Exec.
The following are data errors during the restoration of backup files created with Veritas Backup Exec:
- Error 0x17: The storage device or drive encountered an error reading data from the media.
- Error 0xe00084c7: A read or write error occurred to the backup file. Also, if the file storage is tape-based, the likely cause of this error is a defect in the read/write head portion of the tape drive. So remove the defect by cleaning the tape drive and try to continue your work.
- Error 00000017 HEX: This is a write error that occurred while writing to the media.
There are also some error codes related to CRC, the screenshots are as follows:
Note: Before proceeding with data error troubleshooting, first check for problems related to cables, terminals, and other hardware devices. Also, verify that the storage subsystem is working properly.
Best Solution for Windows Backup File Error
The next manual solution does not guarantee that it will fix errors, so you need an additional solution that is needed to ensure that such errors are fixed. One of the solution is Windows BKF Repair Tool, which can repair and recover data from damaged Symantec VERITAS Backup Exec files. It offers multiple scanning modes to repair files and recover data from damaged backup files without data loss.
Causes of Data Error Cyclic Redundancy Check
A common cause of such errors is impending failure within the drive. There are many other general causes of Cyclic Redundancy Check Veritas backup exec data errors, some of which are described below:
- The error occurs because the tape device’s read/write head is partially damaged.
- Symantec VERITAS backup exec BKF file corrupt.
- The media device is faulty and therefore generates read/write errors.
- The speed at which the SCSI controller is transferring data is too high.
- Incorrect connection between wires or cables.
- General problems or errors that occur in SCSI.
Measures to Troubleshoot CRC Data Error
Data Error Cyclic Redundancy Check Symantec Backup Exec – Generic in nature, this error indicates that a tape read/write error has occurred. Previously, we have discussed some of the reasons related to errors that occur in redundant processes. Therefore, there are several ways out of this situation, depending on the cause of the error.
Solution to Fix Cyclic Redundancy Check Error
However, this type of error can also occur due to corrupted machine registry files and if not resolved immediately, it can lead to severe damage to the PC including fatal crashes, data loss, and system crash. Therefore, this issue needs to be resolved as soon as possible.
By running the CHKDSK application – This is a tool built into the Windows operating system. Check if the hard drive is damaged. If so, try to resolve the error on your own.
There are many reasons why this type of data error can occur in Veritas Backup Exec’s cyclic redundancy check. It is difficult to determine what is causing this error.
So it is recommended to repair corrupt backup file with the help of RecoveryTools to fix this backup file error. Users are recommended to use this solution because in most cases this method solves the problem by repairing the backup file and restoring the data from it.