How to Fix 501 JET_errLogFileCorrupt in Exchange Server?
Exchange Server is Microsoft’s email platform, implemented on the Windows Server operating system and used by businesses and large organizations. Microsoft Exchange Server provides the best platform for large business organizations, but from time to time Exchange administrators have to struggle with JET_errLogFileCorrupt error that does not allow them to upload data.
This error occurs because the log file is in a bad state and is damaged. The error was unexpected and generated the error message “501 JET_errLogFileCorrupt“. In this article, we will focus on the ways to fix the error.
Quick Solution to Fix Exchange Log File Error
The coming manual methods is time consuming and requires knowledge of Exchange Server. Therefore, you should try to fix Exchange Server 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 501 JET_errLogFileCorrupt error using an automated solution like RecoveryTools Exchange Log Analyzer. It will perform the recovery process brilliantly. The tool will repair corrupt Exchange Log data and examine the registry files.
Causes of Error 501 JET_errLogFileCorrupt
There are many reasons for 501 JET_errLogFileCorrupt error in Exchange Server, but the main reason is log file corruption. The Exchange Server log file is corrupted and transactions cannot be written to the Exchange database.
In addition to this, errors can also occur due to some data loss in Exchange Server, damaged header sections in log files, or infected log files. Due to this error, users cannot mount data.
Steps to Check Log File is Corrupted or Not
Before proceeding to the method to resolve Exchange 501 JET_errLogFileCorrupt error, you should check if the log file is corrupted as this error can also occur due to corrupted and infected log files. This process does not require any automated tools and can be easily verified using built-in commands.
- Run the PowerShell
- Run Eseutil inbuilt utility by typing a command: eseutil /ml Enn
Methods to Fix Exchange Server Error 501 JET_errLogFileCorrupt
Errors can be resolved using manual methods. The following steps will explain how to restore an Exchange Server Log file from backup.
- Find a Backup Copy of the Log File: This is the first step to resolve the Exchange Server error 501 JET_errLogFileCorrupt. Find the backup copy of the damaged registry file in the working backup file. If you don’t have a backup of your corrupted files, you can use a software solution to recover corrupted files using your hard drive.
- Discard corrupted files: If you have a backup copy of the corrupted log file, delete the corrupted log file from the Exchange Server database.
- Resolve Deleted Log Files: After deleting damaged Exchange Server log files, the deleted files should be restored from backup immediately. When all files are restored, a new temporary restore.env file is generated each time. The restore.env file thus generated will resolve the Exchange Server error 501 JET_errLogFileCorrupt in the registry.
- Run the Built-in ESEUTIL Utility Command: Now run the following command to restore/regenerate the log file. The below mentioned command will repair corrupted or corrupted registry files and remove temporary file “restore.env”, “Eseutil/cc” path to “restore.env”.
The above method will effectively resolve the 501 JET_errLogFileCorrupt error. This method is effective, but it also has its drawbacks.
Drawbacks of the Manual Methods
This method has some major drawbacks to fix Exchange error 501 JET_errLogFileCorrupt. Some of them are mentioned below:
- You must have at least a basic understanding of Exchange Server databases to fix errors while performing the above tasks.
- This manual method is complicated and cumbersome to perform.
- This process takes a long time and database recovery cannot be guaranteed.
- If you don’t have any backup of the damaged files, restoring your hard drive from an external utility is a daunting task.
The main cause of a 501 JET_errLogFileCorrupt error is log file corruption. The built-in utilities can be used for troubleshooting, but they have some limitations, so the reliable tools mentioned above are recommended as they provide quick results.