Best Solution to Extract Attachments from MSG Files without Outlook
MSG files are created by Microsoft Outlook, which is used to store email messages, calendars, contacts, and other items. Also, the MSG files contain various email message properties and attachments too. You cannot edit attachments in Outlook MSG files. Large size attachments can take up a lot of disk space. In this blog, we suggest you the best solution to extract attachments from MSG files without Outlook.
Before proceeding further, let’s have a look at user query:
“Hi, I am an IT admin, recently a team member from the HR team send me a previous HR Manager PST file and asked me to extract all attachments from it. Actually, she needs all the CVs as attachments from the PST file. As an IT person, I know manually it’s not possible or if possible then it takes so much time. Does any solution available for the problem?“
Facing similar issues while dealing with Microsoft Outlook PST files? Get the best solution to extract all attachments from Outlook PST files.
Also Read: Get Solution to Convert Multiple MSG Files to Outlook PST
Manually Extract Attachments from MSG Files
So saving attachments from MSG files is possible by manual method. In this case, the Microsoft Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, or any other version should be installed and fully configured on your system.
Just drag and drop each MSG file into Outlook Windows. Select an individual file and click on it to see a preview of the attached file. Click on an attachment and select the Save all attachments option on the top menu bar. Specifies where to save the MSG file’s attachments.
There are multiple limitations associated with the manual method, some of them are:
- As you know, our data is invaluable to us. However, you are more likely to lose data while manual focusing.
- Email formatted can be changed while attachments are being extracted from a MSG file.
- If there are few files, the user can use the manual method. However, if you have a large number of files, this approach is completely useless. You must repeat this process for each file.
- With thousands of files, it becomes an unmanageable and continuous task.
- If the user does not have the Microsoft Outlook email client installed, the manual method will not help.
Get started with a professional solution to extract email attachments from MSG files.
Refer: Best Approach to Import MSG Files into Office 365 Mailbox
Best Way to Extract MSG File Attachments
Outlook MSG Migration Solution makes it easy for users to complete the task without installing Microsoft Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, or below versions. Designed with a user-friendly interface, users can perform tasks smoothly.
To use the software to extract attachments from MSG files, users need to follow the step-by-step process described below:
1. First, Free Download and Open the Tool
2. Preview Loaded MSG Files in Software Interface
3. Click on Export Button and Select PDF Option
4. Click on the Advanced Settings Option and Go to Attachment Option
5. Finally, Click on the Save Attachment option to Extract All MSG File Attachments into a Separate Folder.
The software provides an attachment viewing mode to explore MSG email attachments directly from the software panel, extract attachments from MSG files and save attachments to your desired location.
The software has a user-friendly interface that eliminates the need to install Microsoft Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, or 2000 versions. It is compatible with all the latest versions of the Windows operating system, including Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012, and 2008.
Read Also: How to Import MSG File to Thunderbird?
If you need a solution to extract attachments from MSG files without using Outlook, you can easily do it using the recommended approach. This method can remove all the stress, challenges, or complexity that a person faces when batch extracting attachments from an MSG file. We hope the problem is fixed and you can quickly extract attachments from bulk MSG files.