How to Import MSG File to Thunderbird? Best Solutions
Many users are looking for a solution to import MSG file to Thunderbird. This is because MSG files have many restrictions. Users want to access Mozilla Thunderbird with MSG files but they fail. With this article, you’ll be able to resolve your concerns. First, let’s talk about MSG files, why we moved them, and finally, what to do?
Email client users are already aware that MSG is a growing Outlook email message file. Drag and drop messages from Outlook to your desktop will create one MSG file. Let’s take a look at why you need to import MSG files in Thunderbird.
Reasons to Import MSG File to Thunderbird?
There are limited reasons to access MSG files into Thunderbird. All are shown below:
- Managing multiple MSG files is often difficult since MSG files contain only one email.
- Users prefer to use Thunderbird after Outlook to better organize and store their emails.
- Users need the Outlook app to access MSG files, but Thunderbird is a handy free email service for managing and opening files.
After knowing all the reasons, the main question is how to do this type of import process. The big question arises if users decide to import Outlook MSG files in Thunderbird email client. Use the manual method below to access MSG files in Mozilla Thunderbird.
Also Read: How to Convert Multiple MSG Files to Outlook PST?
Import MSG File to Thunderbird Manually
The following manual solution allows users to import MSG file in Thunderbird by EML format. Follow the steps:
- First, Right-click on the MSG file you want to convert. and select the Rename option
- Then Change the Extension from MSG to EML, a new EML file will be created
- Then Right Click on the Newly Created EML File and select the Open in Thunderbird option
- Finally, you can Access EML Files within Thunderbird application.
Limitations of Manual Solution
This manual solution allow users to import MSG files in Thunderbird, however, there are many challenges that all users face. Some of them are listed below:
- The above steps are time consuming with chance of email file corruption.
- With the above solution, users will not be able to access MSG files with attachments.
- Users need to convert and open MSG files multiple times.
- After a warning pop-up window appears, users will no longer browse MSG files.
If you want to overcome the above challenges, you must choose an expert solution. In the following section, we’ve guided you how to import MSG files in Thunderbird with best solution.
Best Solution to Import MSG to Thundebird
MSG Migration Software is a professional solution to easily import bulk MSG files into MBOX format with attachments, contacts, to-do list. This software is runs on Microsoft Windows OS 11 (64 bit), 10, 8, 7 (32 bit or 64 bit) and Windows Server 2016, 2012 R2, 2008.
This tool gives you the option to import selected MSG files and save them in MBOX format. You can use this software to extract attachments from MSG files in different folders. You do not need a Microsoft Outlook email client to perform this conversion.
In this article, we’ve shown you how to import MSG files into Thunderbird using manual and automatic techniques. There are also manual restrictions, so if you have a limited number of MSG files, you can use manual techniques to access them, otherwise you can use software solution to import MSG file to Thunderbird.