Windows 7 backup error 0x80070002 – Here’s a fix!
There are number of reasons that causes error 0x80070002 in Windows 7 Operating system, however user can handle this issue manually with some methods. After performing backup of files with Windows backup in Windows 7 OS, user may receive Windows 7 backup error 0x80070002. In this article we will discuss different types of scenario, causes and resolution for the following error:
“Check your backup results
The backup completed but some files were skipped.”
and when user click on View skipped file link, the system will display error 0x80070002.
Workarounds to Fix Windows 7 backup error 0x80070002
#1. Windows Backup Recovery Tool
The above mentioned error can be fixed within few clicks using a third party tool named BKF File Recovery Tool. Moreover, this application repair highly corrupted BKF File which in turn resolve all types of Windows Backup errors.
#2. Using Manual Method with Different Scenario
Users may encounter this error ‘The system cannot find the file specified’ if they backup a library which have custom folders that are present under their user profile.
To handle this issue or error message Windows 7 backup error 0x80070002, user can follow the following instruction
- Custom library file that exist in user profile can not be back up. Therefore, user can transfer the library folder from the user profile path to another location.
- For storing the folder in new location other then user profile, user needs to create a new folder.
- User needs to browse root of the drive with the help of windows explorer create a new folder. To do so, user can follow the following steps which in turn resolve Windows 7 backup error 0x80070002:
- Go to Start, and then user needs to click their user name.
- Right-clickon the folder that they want to move > Click Cut
- Go to Computer, find the place where users want to store the folder
- Paste the folder in that location
- Now Right-click on the same folder that user have moved in new location > Click Copy
- Click On Start click user name > right-click any empty area in the folder > then click Paste shortcut.
user will get above mentioned windows 7 backup error 0x80070002, when following conditions are there:
- If user runs Windows Backup to backup files present in LocalLow, Contacts and Search folder.
- When LocalLow, Contacts and Search folders are not present in the folder.
User can safely handle this Windows 7 backup error 0x80070002 by using any one of the following method:
- User can create the LocalLow, Contacts and Search folders that are displayed in the error message.
- User can also exclude these folders from the files to backup in backup settings and after this user can include those exclude folders in their original location.
User can follow the following steps to to exclude the folders from their additional location and to include them in their original location. The below steps can somewhat fix Windows 7 backup error 0x80070002
- Go to Control Panel and click on Backup and Restore.
- In the Backup, click on Change settings.
- It will display the Set up backup dialog box > Click Next.
- After clicking Next, system will display What do you want to back up dialog box
- Click on Let me choose > Then click Next.
- Go to Data Files and expand
Libraries, expand Additional Locations
- Click to clear the AppData folder, Contacts, and Searches check boxes.
- Go to Computer, oprn the item for user’s system drive
- Open Users, and go to
- Now click to select the AppData, Contacts, and Searches check boxes if they exist > Click Next
- Now click Save settings and exit. > In Backup and Restore, click Back up now.
- This will perform a new backup operation
User will get the error 0x80070002 while they are performing backup using Windows backup. After completing the backup, some of the files are skipped results this error. To resolve windows 7 backup error 0x80070002, user can take reference from above given methods.